Thinking about building a new home or structure that will need new electrical service?
- Contact telephone and TV utility providers
- Provide a minimum clear zone of 10-feet in front of all pad mount transformers and switchgear
- Remove shrubbery or other obstructions
- Learn about all electrical equipment on your property
What to Consider
- Is this line extension overhead or underground?
- Will this line extension include a metered service?
- What is the approximate distance (in feet) from our nearest facility to your new service location?
- What will be your service size (amps, kilowatt total connected load)?
- Where will your meter base be located?
- Find out what rebates are available for new homes.
Schedule an Appointment
A non-refundable deposit will be required before an engineer appointment is scheduled:
- Contact Sellwood Power District for deposit information and to schedule an engineering appointment
- The deposit will be applied to the cost of the job should you decide to proceed
Before the Appointment
To provide a job cost, Sellwood Power District will need the locations of the following at the time of the engineering appointment:
- Property corners
- Septic and drain field
- Preferred transformer location
- Preferred meter location
Please be sure that the property address is visible on-site so the engineer can find it.
What We Need
Once an engineering appointment has been completed, the following will need to be returned to Sellwood Power District before setting a construction date:
- Line extension costs
- Right of way easements
- Electrical permit
- Application for service
- 1-year utility credit history
Set a Construction Date
Things commonly provided by Sellwood Power District include all primary wire and service wires from our facilities. If you’re unsure what this includes, or if you’re ready to begin the process, please contact our home office and they will connect you with our New Construction Department.